Friday, November 8, 2013

October 26th: Getting the Flu Shot-reducing stroke & creating awareness!

Last Saturday, I attended a flu clinic to get my flu shot. Yes, my chances for having another stroke have reduced now according to Forbes article last week. While getting my flu shot it turned into not only one but two stroke stories. The first story of stroke was with the nurse and the second stroke story was with a man whose daughter at the age of 20 was experiencing STROKE like symptoms. He mentioned that his daughter went to the ER and went through the STROKE Code but a stroke was undetected. He did not think that a young person, his daughter’s age could experience a stroke. He thought at first I was a doctor because of my knowledge of hospital equipment. I then informed him about my survival. When he heard I was a survivor and living life to the fullest-he was impressed. He mentioned that he did not know if his daughter was feeling well and informed his ex about their daughter’s visit to the ER. I informed him to keep an eye on their daughter for awhile to ensure it was not a stroke occurring. I wished him the best of luck & told him if they think she is having a stroke-do not hesitate just go to the ER to get treated! This is a reminder with a true story. Strokes can occur outside the 65+ age group. If you think you are having a stroke call 911 or get to the nearest hospital’s ER!

No comments:

Post a Comment