Friday, November 8, 2013

3 days out to World Stroke Day! October 27th!

3 days out! The 4th STROKE SURVIVOR to highlight is my Grandpa “Mike Ferrick”. My Grandfather lived life to the fullest as a World War II Vet to traveling the world with my Grandma to playing ball as a Boston Red Sox! Unfortunately, he passed away in 2000. Mike’s MAJOR Stroke occurred in the early ‘90’s where he lost his ability to drive, walk or stand for long periods of time, play golf, and a full ability to speak when he wanted. However with determination, he did his daily... walk and enjoyed the same activities when we went to the cabins, such as fishing! The biggest determination of my Grandpa was at my Grandparents 50th Anniversary. My Uncle & Grandma did a first dance to one of “Blue Eyes” songs. It still brings tears to my eyes because, even though the stroke took my Grandpa’s ability to stand for a long time he got up to do a first dance 50 years later with his bride! These are the moments that every STROKE SURVIVOR should be able to get. In celebration of World Stroke Day-find that reason to bring out your determination to make your life great! (Here is a picture of my Grandma dancing a few years ago-She still has it)! Happy Make a Difference Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment